ACTIVE IN KOMUNS
A fun, hands-on event for the entire family to keep minds and bodies active.
Co-organized by Komuns & Family Matters Magazine
Active in Komuns
Sunday, April 17, 2016, from 11am to 5pm
at Moore Elastika Building - Miami Design District
Miami Design District
Active in Komuns will take place at Moore Elastika Building in the heart of Miami’s famed Design District and with over 28,000 sq.ft. of cultural and fun interactive experiences.
Fun for the Entire Family!
Active in Komuns is designed for families with toddlers to teens, featuring sports, theater, coding, science, various art disciplines and more.
Come have fun with all these activities!
- Learn theater performance basics
- Create a mixed media Olympic torch
- Exercise your mind with fun challenging problems
- Discover art techniques from around the world
- Live STEM educational experiences
- Play brain board games
- Experiment gymnastics techniques
- Create your own super power
- Art, lights and shadows activity
- Design a penguin face mask
- Try the Van Der Graaff Machine and work on a dry-ice experiment
- Play the drums like a pro
- Sculpt animals, people or monsters in clay
- Decorate and eat your cupcake
- Entrepreneurship basics for kids
- Attend a storytelling session
- Take a guided tour of the latest ICA Museum installation
- Interactive Xbox and Minecraft demonstrations
- Work on a collaborative giant collage
- Bring your teddy bear or stuffed animal to the kid-friendly ER
- Exercise your brain with drawing activities, memory tests and connect the dots games
- Practice visualization activities, yoga poses, and breathing techniques
- Participate in a fun and relaxing coloring mural activity
- …and much more
Komuns’ mission is to help families raise wise, strong and kind children.
This event will show and encourage families to try new disciplines to keep their minds and bodies active during weekends and all summer long.
Whenever you get hungry, there is plenty of options around to get a snack.
We will give you a list of places to eat and relax close to the event.
There are several inexpensive parking options, from street parking throughout the neighborhood to self-parking for $3 for the first 4 hours at the Palm Court Parking Garage on NE 38th Street.